Won't let PM Modi sleep until he waives farmers' loans: RaGa
After gaining victory in three states, Congress President Rahul Gandhi said that his party and other opposition parties will not let PM sleep until he waives of farmers loam.
New Delhi: After gaining victory in three states, Congress President Rahul Gandhi said that his party and other opposition parties will not let PM sleep until he waives of farmers loam.
Accusing PM Modi of helping his corporate friends through demonetisation, Rahul once again reiterated his demand for a joint parliament committee to probe the Rafale deal.
WHAT RAHUL GANDHI SAID:
- My party's victory in the assembly polls was that of the poor, farmers, labourers and small shopkeepers.
- Modi in his over four years in office has not waived a single rupee of farmers' loans but had written off Rs 3.5 lakh crore loans of 15-20 big industrialists using people's money.
- I want to tell that Congress and other opposition parties will together force Modi to waive farmers' debt. We will stand, fight, not budge an inch. We will not let him sleep at night till the time he waives the loan of farmers. I wanted to give you this message, tell this to the farmers.
- In the last four years, Modi took your money and put 3.5 lakh crore in the pocket of those 15-20 lakh industrialists. He creates two Indias - one of 15-20 people, loan waiver, private jets and the other of small businessmen, shops, labourers and farmers.
- The party had promised that it will start the work of loan waiver in 10 days.
- In two states it did not take six hours and it is going to be done in the third state.
- There will be a discussion in Parliament. You said you want to discuss so why are you running away. Come forward and tell about Rafale and tell the country why didn't you waive farmers' loans and tell when are you going to do it.
- Guaranteed 100 percent. If Modi does not do it, we will do it.
- Congress had fulfilled its promise in states. One day. It will happen at the national level.