Those who tend to rob my country, curse me: PM Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Taking a broadside at the Congress, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said only those were critical of his drive against corruption who robbed this country over the years.
“ I hate corruption and the people involved in it. I pledge to root out corruption from the country,” he said while speaking at the ‘mega show’ of Vikas Parv – Ek Nayi Subah – at India Gate in the national capital on Saturday evening .
“If I start listing all the achievements of my government, these Doordarshan personnel will have to stay here for a week. The scrutiny of the government is necessary but such endeavours ut, should not be discouraged,” said the PM in his address at the event to commemorate his 2 years in office.
What else PM Modi said:
- People’s expectations are rising and so our enthusiasm to work.
- The work of government is being closely examined.
- I am getting more and more blessings of people by each passing day.
- We will bring Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) connections to five crore people in the next few years.
- It is important for a government to trust its people for good governance.
- Nobody can disagree with the fact that previous government was infected with corruption.
- We came to power and stressed on eradicating the epidemic of corruption.
- Those who are involved in corruption will not be spared in my rule.