Those supporting ISIS and Pakistan will not be escaped, warns Bipin Rawat
New Delhi: After paying tribute to the army jawans, who were martyred in an encounter with terrorists, on Tuesday, Army General Bipin Rawat gave a stern message to the stone pelters.
Rawat said, "Those who obstruct our operations during encounters will be treated as overground workers or terrorists."
He further stated that the when our Jawans conduct operations against the terrorists who hide themselves in the villages, local people do not support them and the actions of the security forces.
"Our army aim to conduct people-friendly operations but the local people supports terrorists to escape which leads to higher casualties among the security forces. I, therefore, once request to the parents of the boys who had taken the path of violence, to do not interfere in our works. But, if they continue to do so, we will take harsh actions against them," said Rawat.
What else Bipin Rawat said?
- I request people that those who support terrorists and tries to promote terrorism by displaying flags of ISIS and Pakistan, they will be treated as anti-national elements.
- Army would not hesitate to shoot them.
- Local people are intercepting army jawans to conduct the operations and many a times they support the terrorists to escape.
- They may survive today but cannot escape from our eyes tomorrow.
- If they will create hurdle in our operations, then we will take tough action against them.
It may be mentioned that on February 14, five army jawans including Major Dahiya were martyred in two encounters against terrorists in Bandipora and Handwara districts of Jammu and Kashmir.
According to the video, the Jawans faced heavy stone pelting at Parray Mohalla of Bandipora by the local people which led to loss of their lives.