Shame! Upscale Delhi restaurant denies entry to slum kids
New Delhi: Do we really live in 21st century? This incident proves that there are many stone hearted people in the digital age. This incident is of an upscale restaurant in New Delhi where the owner allegedly denied the entry of the unprivileged children on Saturday.
- Sonali Shetty brought few street children to the Shiv Sagar Restaurant located in connaught place to celebrate her husband's birthday.
- She has been protesting outside the restaurant as the owner misbehaved with the children.
- Shetty said that the owner refused to serve the kids and misbehaved with the kids as they were not well dressed.
- A public relationship officer of Shiv Sagar restaurant, Roma Malhotra said," The lady had brought few kids along with her to the restaurant but kids started to create lot of 'tamasha' inside. As a restaurateur we have rights reserved to deny service if our guests are getting disturbed. Don't think we did anything wrong."
- Last year, a posh restaurant in an upscale mall in South Delhi denied the entry of a disability rights activist, Nipun Malhotra, allegedly saying that is doesn't allow disabled people inside, as a policy".
- Last year in May, the restaurant Keya in DLF Promenade mall had also denied entry to a senior citizen couple.