Salute: his body cut into two pieces, but donated his organs
Bengaluru: In a supreme example of humanity, a 26-year-old man, on the threshold of the most painful death, expressed his desire to donate his organs.
The body of Harish N was cut into two pieces after he was run over by a lorry at Thippegondanahalli near Nelamangala (National highway-4) on Tuesday.
While on way to a hospital, the victim requested the police and the ambulance staff to donate his organs and save other lives as he knew that he was going to lose his own.
- The deceased has been identified as Harish N, a resident of Gubbi in Thamakuru district, Bengaluru.
- He was working in a private company in Whitefield in the City.
- Around 0800 hours, on Tuesday, He was riding back to workplace.
- A lorry tried to overtake him and brushed past his motorbike.
- Harish lost control over his motorbike and came under the lorry.
- He was found lying on the road for more than 20 minutes, pleading for help.
- As he was run over by a lorry, his body was cut into two pieces.
- The police admitted him to a nearby hospital, where he was declared dead minutes later.
- Minutes before he died, his eyes, saved by the helmet he was wearing, were donated to the Narayana Netralaya.
- Doctors were staggered how a man, cut into two pieces in the accident, could show such presence of mind and courage.
- Other organs could not be harvested as they were badly damaged in the accident.
- The lorry driver, Varadaraj, was arrested and booked for causing a death due to rash driving.