RSS chief Bhagwat criticises Supreme Court's Sabarimala decision
Nagpur: RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat on Thursday criticised the Supreme Court's decision allowing entry of women of all ages to the Sabarimala temple in Kerala.
He stated that it was flawed as it did not consider all aspects and hence would not be easily adopted.
"The decisions taken without considering all aspects, will neither be adopted in actual practice nor will they help in creating a new social order in tune with changing times and positions," Bhagwat told Rashtriya Swayam Sevaks on the occasion of Vijayadashami in Reshimbagh here.
What else he Mohan Bhagwat stated:
- The situation that was witnessed on Wednesday in Sabarimala due to the apex court's September 28 verdict happened only because of the tradition that has been accepted by society and continuously followed for years was not taken into consideration.
- The idea was to have gender equality, which is fine. However, there should have been talks (with the followers of the tradition).
- The faith of crores of devotees was not taken into account.
- A large number of women, who follow the tradition, were not heard; their emotions weren't respected.
- There has been no effort to discuss with the followers of the faith and that has given rise to unrest and divisiveness in society instead of peace and equality.
- The temple doors opened for the first time on Wednesday after the verdict came over two weeks back.
- The protesters, who opposed the entry of women in the 10-50 age group clashed with the police as the state government tried to enforce the court's decision.
- The origin of a tradition should be analysed properly.
- It should be understood why a particular tradition came into existence. The reasons from which it arose, and whether they were still valid even today.
Highlighting the construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya as a matter of national interest, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat pitched for building it at the earliest through appropriate and requisite law and slammed certain fundamentalist forces for obstructing the process.
What he said?
- Regarding the ownership of the land should be expedited and the government should clear the path for the construction of the grand Ram temple.
- The RSS has always been associated with the sentiments of crores of countrymen in the efforts of construction of the temple at the birthplace of Lord Ram.
- Lord Ram is the personification of the life energy of the nation and an icon of upholding dharma. The original constitution has paintings of Lord Ram in it as a national hero.
- It is in nobody's interest to test the patience of the society without any reason.
- The construction of the temple is necessary from the self-esteem point of view. It will also pave the way for an atmosphere of goodwill and oneness in the country
- The Dussehra function is significant in the RSS' yearly calendar as the organisation was established on Vijayadashami in 1925 and the "Sarsanghchalak