68th Republic Day parade ceremony concludes at Rajpath
New Delhi: On the occasion of 68th Republic Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, along with service chiefs, paid tribute to martyrs at Amar Jawan Jyoti here on Thursday. The parade ceremony was focused at showcasing military power of the country. The ceremony concluded with the fly-past by the Indian Air Force.
The Parade diary:
- President Pranab Mukherjee, PM Modi, Abu Dhabi crown prince, Vice President Hamid Ansari and Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar arrived at Rajpath.
- Four Mi-17 V5 helicopters showering flower petals in inverted 'Y' formation.
- Indian flag unfurled at Rajpath.
- Parade underway at Rajpath.
- Delhi tableau at Republic Day parade.
- Jammu and Kashmir tableau at Rajpath.
- Assam contingent at Rajpath.
- Ministry of Skill Development tableau at Rajpath.
- Khadi India tableau at Rajpath.
- Goa tableau at Republic Day parade.
- Gujarat tableau at Republic Day parade.
- Maharashtra tableau at Rajpath.
- NSG commandos at parade.
- Border Security Force (BSF) contingent at Rajpath.
- ‘Dare Devils’- motorcycle display team of Corps of Military Police.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, crown prince of Abu Dhabi and son of the UAE’s founding president, were the chief guest at the parade. They joined PM Modi and President Pranab Mukherjee on the occasion.