Rahul Gandhi roars in Lok Sabha on rising prices of pulses
New Delhi: Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi on Thursday held the Prime Minister Narendra Modi government responsible for rising inflation in the country.
“I wish to remind Modi ji about his promise of bringing down the inflation if he comes to the power, which he made in his speech in Himachal Pradesh in February 16, 2014. He made an outstanding dialogues of –‘Gareeb Ka Baccha Aansu Peekar So Jata Hai Kyuki Unke Ghar Me Chulah Nahi Jalta’, ” Rahul said in his speech in the Lok Sabha.
The Central government celebrated its second birthday few days ago and many stalwarts were invited in the programme but the rising rate of dal was not discussed in it.
- Modi claimed that India was now clean and youths were employed but he did not talk about the price rise of lentils and vegetables.
- The rates of tomatoes have risen to 300 per cent since 2014.
- UPA provided pulses at the rate of Rs 45 per kg but now the rate is Rs 180 per kg.
- Black marketing of lentils is on a all time high.
- Congress waived the loans of farmers.
- Make in India has not provided to even a single man.
Reacting to the speech of Rahul Gandhi, BJP MP from Madhubani, Bihar, Hukum Dev Narayan said it was Narendra Modi who had provided LPG connections to poor and accused Congress for misleading poor, dalits, for a night halt at their homes.