U'khand needs dual engine to speed up development vehicle:Modi
Dehradun: Calling the state 'Devbhoomi' and 'Veerbhoomi', Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that it is high time the Uttarakhand should develop and prosper. The Prime Minister said that the vehicle of development needs dual engine of Bhartiya Janata Party to move faster.
"The development in Uttarakhand needs two strong government, one at the Centre and another in the state. I am grateful that you have sent us to the Centre and now I urge you to bring the same BJP to the state in 2017 assembly electionsso that the development work of the state gets a boost," the PM said. odi
The PM appreciated the huge gathering in Uttarakhand for coming in large numbers to listen him and said, the huge crowd here proves that people are desperate for better standard of living. "Uttarakhand is a Devbhoomi as well as Veerbhoomi,and you all have come to bless me today in such large numbers. I am grateful for your support. I can clearly see that Uttarakhand cannot wait any longer for the development," the PM stated.
The Prime Minister was in the state to inaugurate the Char Dham Yatra Project and to address the 'Parivartan rally' of Bhartiya Janata Party.
PM Modi on Char Dham Project:
- The inauguration of Char Dham project is a tribute to those who lost their lives during Uttarakhand flash floods.
- I have to say, it has been very sad that the previous governments copuld not provide even the basic necessities to the people of my country.
- This project has the capability to change whole economy of the state.
- Apart from increasing the tourism, the Char Dham project would bring immense employment opportunities for you all.
- Tourism is the biggest asset of Uttarakhand. If facilities are provided,then which family in the country would not want to come here?
PM on One Rank One pension:
- I salute my Army jawans.
- My Army jawans were demanding OROP for the last 40 years, the party that ruled the country then never thought of their demands.
- In reality, the budget for OROP is over Rs 10,000 crore. Why did they (Congress) betray the Jawans.
- We were clear that from Day 1, our Jawans must get their due. We had said OROP will be a reality and we have fulfilled our promise.
- Rs 6600 crore have already been disbursed under OROP and rest will also be disbursed at the earliest.
PM on electricity and gas connection in the state:
- My government took initiative, said that we will electrify villages within 1,000 days. Over 12,000 villages have been electrified
- I assure that every village in the country will receive electricity in the coming days.
- We are close towards providing gas connection to 5 crore poor families within three years.
PM Modi on Demonetisation:
- Along with the 'Kala Dhan', the country is also chained by 'Kala Man' and both the evils should leave the nation.
- The fight against corruption and black money would not have been possible without the support of my countrymen.
- I know you have faced a lot of inconvenience but despite that the nation came forward to fight against corruption.
- We had said that corrupt ppl will be punished and now this is happening; This is a 'Safai Abhiyaan' and people of India have helped me.
- All fake notes, terrorism, human trafficking, drug mafia were dealt in one move after demonetisation announcement on November 8.