Pak's claim of killing Indian soldiers 'baseless': Indian Army
New Delhi: Tagging the claims of Pakistani media as ‘baseless’, Indian Army on Thursday said that an Indian soldier from 37 Rashtriya Rifles ‘mistakenly’ crossed over to the other side of the Line of Control.
After the surgical strikes on terrorist launch pads across the LoC, Pakistani media since then was making false claims of killing of eight Indian soldiers.
The sources said that the Director General Military Operations, Lt Gen Ranbir Singh has informed Pakistan about the soldier crossing over the Line of Control.
What Lt Gen Ranbir Singh said?
- Such inadvertent crossing by Army and civilians was not unusual on either side.
- There is a mechanism to bring them back.
- Pak’s claims of killing Indian soldiers are completely baseless.
Pak’s Dawn withdrew the story later:
- Dawn quoted the security sources as saying that Pakistan had captured an Indian soldier across the Line of Control (LoC).
- It also claimed that Pakistan military killed eight soldiers.
- Dawn identified the soldier as Cahndu Babulal Chohan from Maharashtra.
- Dawn later withdrew the story.