Pakistan nurtures and exports terrorism, reiterates Swaraj at UN
Washington: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Monday strongly pitched for unified efforts towards eradicating terrorism and said that Pakistan, if remains unsupportive, must be isolated for shielding the terror outfits over its soil.
Addressing the UN General Assembly, Swaraj said, “If we want to defeat terrorism, there is only one way -- that we unite across our differences, add steel to our resolve and inject urgency in our response. And if any nation refuses to join this global strategy, then we must isolate it."
What else Sushma Swaraj said?
- There are nations that still speak the language of terrorism.
- They nurture it and even export it.
- Such nations must be identified and should be isolated.
- Such countries should have no place in the comity of nations.
- Bahadur Ali, who was caught in Kashmir’s Kupwara on July 25, is a terrorist in our (India’s) custody, whose confession is a living proof of Pakistan's complicity in cross border terror.
Sushma on India’s relations with Pakistan:
- India had always offered a hand of friendship.
- We (India) took several initiatives that were aimed towards keeping healthy relationship with the neighbouring country.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Islamabad was one such call.
- We took initiatives to resolve the issue on the basis of friendship.
- But we got Bahadur Ali, Pathankot and Uri attacks in return.
Sushma Swaraj’s advice to Pakistan:
- Such terrorist attacks won’t help Pakistan in obtaining the territory it covets.
- Abandon this dream.
- Jammu and Kashmir is an integral part of India and will always remain so.
Sushma recalls UN Assembly the questions put up by Afghanistan, a victim of Pakistan-based terrorism.
- Afghanistan’s Vice President Sarwar Danesh pointed few questions towards Pakistan and its strong connections with the terrorists.
- Where are the leaders of the Taliban and A1-Qaeda residing?
- Where were they killed?
- At this very moment, where are the leaders of the Taliban and Haqqani network located?