Not satisfied, will Smriti still offer her head, asks Mayawati
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha on Friday again witnessed fiery speeches from Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Zubin Irani and former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati when their face off got murkier.
The latter challenged Smriti to chop off her head and keep it on her foot. Adding, "the Central Government is mum on the issue of suicide by dalit scholar Rohith Vemula, and there was no dalit in the committee formed, so will you stand on your promise?” she asked Smriti.
Smriti had earlier offered her head to the BSP Chief if she was wrong.
Smriti apologized to me, says Mayawati
Smriti came to me and apologized for her statement in the lobby. She asked me to pardon her. On this, Smriti retaliated and said that "many things will be revealed if I tell the truth."
What Smriti said:
- HRD minister Smriti Zubin Irani on Thursday said that I will answer all the questions raised by Mayawati.
- Ask your party workers and leaders to chop off my head and keep it on your feet.
- Opposition is demanding the resignation of Smriti Irnai over the death of Rohith Vemula.
- Smriti slammed opposition with her attacking speech.
- She claimed that there was a dalit member in the committee.