I will redeem Punjab and will expose Sukhbir Singh Badal: Sidhu
Navjot Singh Sidhu, on Monday, after joining Congress party spoke about his mission that he will expose Sukhbir Singh Badal, president of Shiromani Akali Dal, who had sold Punjab for his self interest.
New Delhi: Cricketer-turned-Politician, Navjot Singh Sidhu, who joined Congress on Monday said about his mission that he will expose Sukhbir Singh Badal, president of Shiromani Akali Dal, who had sold Punjab for his self interest.
"Drugs are now the reality in Punjab, at one point of time Green revolution was the pride of the state," said Sidhu.
Warning Badal to leave the state, Sidhu said, "Run, Badal, run. Vacate the chair. The People of Punjab are coming for you."
He was welcomed into the party by the Vice President Rahul Gandhi.
In next slide: What else Navjot Singh Sidhu said at the Press Conference?
What else Navjot Singh Sidhu said at the Press Conference?
- I have no personal gains...Otherwise why would I leave the leading party and join Congress?
- BJP chooses alliance and I chose Punjab.
- I am here to redeem my pledge to change Punjab.
- I will contest the elections from the place where party will suggest.
- People say that Sidhu called his party a 'mother'. It may be known that Kaikeyi was also a mother and everyone knows who is Manthara in Punjab.
- Drugs are the reality of Punjab which has destroyed the lives of the youths.
- Shiromani Akali Dal was a sacred assembly but has become a property now.
- If two nations can resolve issues sitting across table then why cannot two individuals.
- Why is drugs not sold in Jammu & Kashmir, Rajasthan and other states. Punjab Police is in nexus with drugs paddlers.
- I am born a congressman.
- This is my Ghar wapsi. I have returned to my home.
In Next slide: This is the beginning of the new inning, says Navjot Singh Sidhu
Sidhu described his joining the party as a 'beginning of a new inning'.
He tweeted," Beginning of a new inning. On the front foot Punjab, Punjabiyat & every Punjabi must win!!!"
Sidhu is likely to contest election from Amritsar East Assembly seat, party leaders said.
The 53-year-old addressed his first conference on Monday after joining the Party.