Sidhu has not put any pre-condition to join AAP, tweets Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal sought to make it clear that former BJP leader Navjot Singh Sidhu needed time to think on joining the Aam Admi Party.
Posting a series of tweets about speculation in the political circles, the Delhi Chief Minister also clarified that the former BJP MP from Amritsar had not put any pre-condition on his joining. The clarification came in the wake of the reports doing rounds that Sidhu wanted to be projected as Chief Ministerial candidate of AAP in the next assembly elections in Punjab.
Kejriwal wrote that there were a lot of rumours regarding the former BJP leader and it was his duty to clarify the party’s position on him. He, in the process, tried to clear the air on the issue.
He went on to say that he had a lot of respect for the legendary cricketer. "My respect for him would continue whether he joins or not," he was quoted as saying.
Meanwhile, Sidhu has maintained a stoic silence on his future plans since he resigned from the Bharatiya Janata Party in July last. The political circles were agog with rumours that he left BJP to join AAP on the condition of being made CM candidate of the party in Punjab.
It may be recalled that immediately after his resignation from BJP, the former cricketer was promptly offered to join the Congress by former Punjab CM Amrinder Singh.
Arvind Kejriwal's tweets about Navjot Singh Sidhu:
- Covid live: India reports 16,103 new cases and 31 deaths
- Shah moves political resolution at BJP's National Exec meet
- Head count for Maharashtra assembly speaker elections begins
- Two-day Maharashtra Assembly session from today; Eknath Shinde govt to face floor test on July 4
- Koffee With Karan 7 trailer: Samantha Ruth Prabhu blames Karan Johar for 'unhappy marriages', Sara Ali Khan roasts ex
- 'PM has not actually understand MGNREGA', says Rahul Gandhi in Kerala
- PM Modi lands in Hyderabad for key party meeting
- Sena's Rajan Salvi files papers for Maha speaker
- Amravati chemist killed for supporting Nupur Sharma? Amit Shah orders NIA to probe case
- CBSE Board Results 2022 DATE: Class 10th, 12th term- 2 results at cbseresults.nic.in on this DATE - Check update