Will work even harder for the nation, says PM Modi in Vadnagar
Vadnagar: Promising to work even harder for the nation, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Sunday, said that he is overwhelmed with the grand and warm welcome he received during his visit to his hometown Vadnagar in Gujarat after years.
Addressing a massive gathering here, PM Modi said, "Coming back to one's home town and receiving such a warm welcome is special. Whatever I am today is due to the values I have learnt on this soil, among you all in Vadnagar."
He added, "Once Field Marshal Carriappa went to his village, where he said that the experience of being welcomed by natives is something which cannot be compared. I feel the same today."
What else PM Modi said?
- Sharmistha lake is the heart of Vadnagar. We will make it a tourist hotspot.
- I go back with your blessings and assure you that I will work even harder for the nation.
- I am happy that I have got to inaugurate projects relating to the health sector, particularly Intensified Mission Indradhanush.
- I request people to think Indradhanush as your own campaign.
- As much as you feel happy when you donate blood or do other charities, you should also help the poor children to get immunised.
- We brought prices of stents down. Work is constantly being done to make healthcare affordable for the poor.
- I urge doctors to work for free on the ninth day of every month.
- This will help poor women to not travel far off places for delivering babies.
Modi slams UPA government for not bringing in a health policy:
- It was the Vajpayee government between 1998 and 2004, which brought a comprehensive health policy.
- UPA did not attach importance to the health policy while it was after NDA came to power that the policy was renewed.
Earlier in the day, on his first visit to hometown Vadnagar in Gujarat after he took power in May 2014, Modi dedicated the GMERS Medical College to the nation and held a massive six kilometer long roadshow amid the cheering supporters.
After inaugurating a Rs 116-crore modern six-storey Civil Hospital associated with the local medical college, PM Modi interacted with the medical students in the college.
- PM Narendra Modi dedicates Vadnagar's GMERS Medical College to India
- Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani, Deputy CM Nitinbhai Patel and Union Minister JP Nadda also present.
- PM Narendra Modi offered prayers at Hatkeshwar Temple in his hometown Vadnagar.
- He visited at his childhood school where he met teachers.
- Massive crowd on both the sides of the road are cheering for Narendra Modi. Modi-Modi chant can be heard.
Modi is also scheduled to dedicate the redeveloped Sharmistha Lake to the people and inaugurate other public works, including the facelift of the Vadnagar railway station, where he is once said to have sold tea as a school boy.
Modi also addressed the students at IIT-Gandhinagar where he remembered his childhood days when he sold tea at the railway station in his hometown Vadnagar. "You all are IITians. But I am the one who is just a 'teaian', a chaiwala" Modi said, evoking laughter from the audience.
PM Modi in Bharuch:
- PM Modi flagged off Antyodaya Express between Udhna in Surat and Jaynagar in Bihar.
- He also laid foundation of barrage over Narmada river.
- Antyodaya Express makes it easier for people from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar to go home for Diwali and Chhath Puja, said the Prime Minister.