PM Modi emphasizes on water conservation to fight drought
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday emphasised on the need for water conservation and changing cropping pattern in view of the prevailing drought situation in many parts of the country in his 19th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' programme.
- The PM referred to heat wave in several parts of the country and the related issue of water scarcity.
- He also laid stress on change in cropping pattern and mentioned Ahmednagar village in this connection which grows plants which do not need much water.
- Clean drinking water means better health and rise in GDP.
- A campaign to promote the conservation of water is a must.
- We should work for maximizing our agricultural yields.
- Ganga is an essential water resource