Twitter brings new feature to curb abusive tweets
New York: In a good news to Twitterites, the micro-blogging website has allowed its users to flag abusive accounts by attaching multiple tweets in a single report.
Over the past year, Twitter has taken several steps to lessen the abusive tweets in order to protect freedom of expressions of its users.
- The micro blogger site made revised changes to its rules to tackle unnecessary and hateful conduct.
- The change came in order to demotivate the terrorist groups like Islamic State from using social media platform to spread its agendas and communicate with its followers.
- The new change will be rolled out on iOS, Android and on twitter.com.
- Users worldwide will get access to the new feature in the coming weeks.
What experts said:
- Hao Tang, saftey engineer, at Facebook, stated that the update brought by the twitter will make it easier for its users to provide the site with more information about the extent of abuse and reduces the time it takes to do so. "The added context often helps us investigate issues and get them resolved faster," he said and added, "We want everyone to feel safe expressing themselves. so, we are introducing an improvement to our reporting process."
- The trust and safety director at Twitter, Mega Cristina posted on twitter,"We believe that protection from abuse and harassment is a vital part of empowering people to freely express themselves on Twitter."
Safety continues to be a top priority at Twitter:
- The micro-blogging site has also empowered its users with tools for blocking, muting and reporting abusive behaviour.
- The officials at Twitter said that the measures taken up by the social networking site will curb the abusive behaviour by helping the community understand what is acceptable on our platform.