India slams Pakistan in UNGA for calling Burhan Wani ‘A Leader’
India blamed the country for the same. Shrif’s 20-minute speech at UNGA was fully dedicated to the Kashmir unrest issue. “Pakistan fully supports the demand of the Kashmiri people for self-determination,” he had stated. The Pak PM also supported and glorified the image of Terrorist Burhan Wani and said that he was a true leader
Washington DC: Giving a sharp counter to Nawaz Sharif at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) for describing Hizbul terrorist Burhan Wani as a leader, India described Pakistan as host to ‘Ivy League of Terrorism’.
India stated that Pakistan channelises billions of dollars, much of it diverted from international aid, to training, financing and supporting terrorist groups as militant proxies against its neighbours.
Vikas Swaroop, Spokesperson to Indian Ministry of External Affairs, took to twitter to criticise Sharif and said, “PM Sharif at UNGA says India poses unacceptable conditions to dialogue. India's only condition is an end to terrorism. This is not acceptable.”
A senior diplomat at India's UN mission, Eenam Gambhir, said in her statement, Pakistan authorities help terrorist organisations to raise funds and openluy violate international obligations.
"The land of Taxila, one of the greatest learning centres of ancient times, is now host to the Ivy League of terrorism. It attracts aspirants and apprentices from all over the world. The effect of its toxic curriculum is felt across the globe,” she stated.
Gambhir futher stated that India and other neighbours of Pakistan are facing its long-standing policy of sponsoring terrorism and its consequences of have also been faced well beyond our region."
Exercising India’s right of reply, Gambhir also said that terrorists and their leaders continue to roam freely in Pakistan and operate with state support.
Referring to Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorist Masood Azhar and Mumai terror attack mastermind Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, the diplomat expressed her anger saying, “The world has not yet forgotten that the trail of that dastardly 9/11attack led all the way to Abbottabad in Pakistan."
Pakistan is a non-democratic country:
- The diplomat Called Pakistan a ‘Democracy Deficit Country’ and said that the country practices terrorism on its own people.
- "The nation extends support to extremist groups, it suppresses minorities and women and denies basic human rights including through draconian laws," stated Gambhir.
What Pakistan PM earlier stated:
- NawazSharif during his speech had dodged all questions about the Jammu and Kashmir’s Uri attack when India blamed the country for the same.
- Shrif’s 20-minute speech at UNGA was fully dedicated to the Kashmir unrest issue. “Pakistan fully supports the demand of the Kashmiri people for self-determination,” he had stated.
- The Pak PM also supported and glorified the image of Terrorist Burhan Wani and said that he was a true leader.
Voicing firm resolve to protect all its citizens from acts of terrorism, Gambhir assured that the Indian government will not allow terrorism to prevail and those who support it will have to face dire consequences from India.”