Hafiz Saeed is dangerous for our nation, says Pakistan defence minister
The Pakistan Defence minister Khwaja Asif said that the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) founder and Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed could be dangerous to the nation.
Islamabad: The Pakistan Defence minister Khwaja Asif said that the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) founder and Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed could be dangerous to the nation.
While addressing an international security conference in Munich Asif claimed, " Hafiz Saeed is not only dangerous for India but for Pakistan also. Saeed can pose a serious threat to the society of Pakistan. He was arrested in the larger interest of the country."
What else Asif said:
- Terrorism should not be tagged as any particular religion.
- Terrorists are not Christians or Muslims or Buddhists or Hindus.
- They are terrorists, they are criminals.
- Pakistan is all set to fight against terrorism.
It may be mentioned that, on January 31 last, the Pakistani Government also placed Saeed under house arrest for 90 days. under section 11-EEE (1) of the Anti-Terrorism Act, 1977.
In January last, the government had put Hafiz Saeed and 37 others of his terror outfits on the Exit Control List, they were not allowed to leave the country.
About Hafees Saeed:
- He was the mastermind of the terror attack which took place in 2008 in Mumbai. The attack took more than 166 lives and left many others injured.
- He also planned an attack in United State in 2012 in which six American citizens were also killed. The US Government also announced the bounty of $10 million on Hafiz Saeed.