Embattled Congress put Robert Vadra on posters for first time
New Delhi: Congress chose the ' Loktantra Bachao' rally as the occasion to highlight Congress party president Sonia Gandhi's son-in-law Robert Vadra, in absentia, on the posters waved during the party march from Jantar Mantar in New Delhi which was participated in by the AICC President Sonia gandhi, Vice President Rahul Gandhi and the former prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
It was for the first time, the 47-year old businessman and husband of Priyanka appeared on the posters waved by the party workers at protest rally at New Delhi’s Jantar-Mantar, on Friday. Sonia Gandhi’s daughter Priyanka Gandhi Vadra was also seen on the placards displayed by the party members.
This was the first time the 47-year-old businessman was seen on Congress posters.
The entire Congress leadership including the former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh addressed the public at the rally.
Robert Vadra controversies:
- Vadra has courted controversies for his various land deals in Haryana during the Congress reign.
- In October 2012, he was accused of taking an interest-free loan of 65 crores and heavy bargains on land from DLF Limited in exchange for political favours.
- Numerous reports have questioned the authenticity of balance-sheets of Vadra-owned companies, which claim to have received an overdraft of 7.94 crores from Corporation Bank.
- Retired Justice SN Dhingra Commission is probing the various land deals involving him.
- Robert Vadra himself was not present at Jantar Mantar during the protest march.