Do we really need a day to celebrate Social Media Day???
Lucknow: June 30, a day defined to celebrate the existence of media on social platforms, a day dedicated to express the enthusiasm of social media platform users, but the question that arises is, in present era, when the world is tapping their fingers to the beat of social platforms, do we need to celebrate a particular day for these new tool of media.
While the social media users ask that why this celebration is being limited to a single day, newztrack.com brings you the reason to celebrate the occasion every single day.
The world rejoices the social media power:
- If it is being said that future generations are always a step ahead of their ancestors, then social media has played a vital role.
- From Prime Minister Narendra Modi presenting the government’s working through his tweets to Singers like Neha Kakkar connecting with her fans by going live. Weather he is Mark Zuckerberg exploring new features of Facebook or Tim Cook launching political apps on iPhones, the world has bowed down to the power of fastest mode of connecting masses.
- Weather or not news channels going live or print media creating their web portals to reach people real time. Social media not only connects with general people but also impacts their life.
- Not to forget the recent trend of taking pictures of self and uploading it on social media, tools of Instagram and Facebook forced the Oxford to give the word ‘Selfie’ a place in its dictionary.
- Trending the recent developments and controversies or trolling public figures for their unaccepted behaviours, this medium has empowered each one of us to express ourselves at the world platform.
- According to 2016 data analysis out of the total world population of 7.395 billion humans, there are 3.419 billion internet users out of which as many as 2.307 billion internet users are active on social media which is more than the half of internet users, while about 1.968 billion active social media users are on mobile.
- Analysing the 2015 data, the results show about an annual growth rate of 10% in the total number of internet users. January 2015 data represented the top active social platforms as Facebook (43% users), Youtube (25% users), twitter (as many as 22%), Google plus (20%) and Instagram with 17% internet users.
- The growth rate of annual active social media users have also increased to 10% between January 2015 and January 2016 with a 17 percent increase in the total number of social media users on mobile.
Next time when you tweet a trend, upload a Facebook status or just Instagram your photos, smile, because every day, every minute and every second you are celebrating the revolution brought to your lives by the Social media.