Congress disowns Sanjay Nirupam’s statement, Kejriwal clarifies
New Delhi: Distancing itself from Sanjay Nirupam’s controversial statement regarding surgical strike, Congress on Tuesdaymade it clear that “(there is) no doubt about surgical strike.” On the other hand Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal clarified his part saying AAP also believed the surgical strike had taken place what he meant to say to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi was to counter the false propaganda of Pakistan.
Congress disowns Sanjay Nirupam’s statement:
- Mumbai Congress President Sanjay Nirupam had questioned the surgical strike done by Indian Army entering PoK. He had asked for the proof.
- “Every Indian wants surgical strikes against Pakistan but not a fake one to extract just political benefit by BJP,” Nirupam had tweeted.
- Finding itself in a soup, Congress slammed the controversial remark saying it has complimented Indian Army and government regarding the successful surgical operation across LoC.
- “Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Vice President Rahul Gandhi had complimented the Indian Army and the Government for the surgical strikes against Pakistan,” said senior Congress leader Gurudas Kamat.
- “No one else in Congress should abuse their positions to embarrass the Party and the Country,” he added.
- Appreciating a successful surgical strike, we have just asked PM Modi to Modi to clear the air in view of the misinformation campaign of Pakistan.
- Pakistan is spreading false propaganda on surgical strikes and is telling the international media that no surgical strikes took place.
- The Prime Minister should give Pakistan a befitting reply.
Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Ravi Shankar Prasad has come down heavily on the Chief Minister of Delhi, saying, “”I want to ask Arvind Kejriwal whether or not he believes in the extraordinary valour of our Army in conducting the exercise. If yes, then why are you (Kejriwal) getting influenced by the false propaganda of Pakistan?”
Also read: Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal suffers ink attack in Bikaner