BCCI president Anurag Thakur becomes Territorial Army officer
Shimla: Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) Member of Parliament (MP) and Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president Anurag Thakur will start his new innings as a Territorial Army (TA) officer.
After being trained in Madhya Pradesh’s Bhopal, 41-year-old Thakur will join the military force as a regular officer on Friday.
“I always wanted to wear military uniform and contribute to country’s security as a soldier. Now, I am extremely happy and excited that a long-time dream has come true,” said the BCCI president.
- Thakur cleared an examination as well as a personal interview conducted in Chandigarh in Punjab to make it to TA.
- He is the first BJP parliamentarian to be commissioned into TA.
- TA – the second line of defence – comprises volunteers who receive month-long military training every year.
- TA is primarily aimed at defending the nation in case of an emergency.
- Ta is, however, not an occupation, profession or a source of employment.
Also Read: Anurag Thakur becomes the youngest BCCI President