Armed men enters Nabha jail, frees Harminder Mintoo and five others
Patiala: Few armed men entered the high security Nabha jail, opened fire and freed five prisoners including Khalistan Liberation Front chief Harminder Mintoo here on Sunday. The unidentified men stormed the jail wearing police uniforms and also fled along with prisoners.
Gangster Vicky Gondar, Gurpreet Sekhon, Nita Deol and Vikramjeet were the others who succeeded in escaping, said police.
ALSO READ: Qamar Javed Bajwa to be the new army chief of Pakistan
- A high alert has been called in the state and security is tightened in the remote areas including railway stations, airport and other places.
- Punjab Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal held a meeting with senior officials regarding the same.
- Harminder Mintoo is accused in 10 cases:
- Punjab Police arrested him from IGI Airport in 2014.
- He is accused 2008 attack on Sirsa-based Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Sing
- He was also recovered with explosives in 2010 at at Halwara Air Force station.