1 army jawan crosses LoC, Pak captures, Rajnath assures action
Srinagar: Indian government is making all of us to get back Chandu Babulal Chauhan, an Indian soldier of 37 RR battelian, who inadvertent crossed over Pakistan.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has assured that Indian government is making all possible efforts to get the soldier back to India.
Incidentally, Chandu Babulal Chauhan was not a part of surgical operation but accidently crossed LoC when he was on duty.
An Indian soldier named Chandu Babulal Chauhan has accidently crossed to the other side of Line of Control (LOC) and has been captured by the Pakistani Army.
As per the release of Indian Army issued by the Defence Ministry, Director General Military Operations Lt Gen Ranbir Singh has informed the Pakistani security officials regarding the Indian soldier crossing LOC.
“One soldier from 37 RR with weapon has inadvertently crossed over to the other side of the Line of Control. Pakistan has been informed by the DGMO on the hotline. Such inadvertent crossings by Army and civilians are not unusual on either side. They are returned through existing mechanisms," the release said.
Indian Army also rubbishes the reports of Pakistan media regarding the killings of eight army jawans. "As regard report of killing of eight Indian Army personnel reported in sections of Pakistan media, the report is completely false and baseless," the release added.
The 22-year old Chandu Babulal Chauhan belongs to Maharashtra.
Earlier, Indian Army carried out a surgical strike in PoK in the early hours of Thursday attacking seven terrorist camps. It killed about 50 terrorists.
What DGMO Ranbir Singh had said after surgical strike?
- Indian Army conducted such strikes to safeguard our nation.
- Significant casualties have been caused to the militants in these strikes.
- The strikes targeted the terrorists and those backing them.
- Despite our persistent appeals to Pakistan to not allow territory under its control to be used for terrorist activities, nothing was done.
- There were launch pads at the LoC where terrorists were present waiting to infiltrate the attack and areas in Kashmir and metros across the country.
- We have recovered items including GPS which have Pakistani markings. Captured terrorists hailing from PoK or Pakistan have confessed to their training in Pakistan.
- I spoke to the Pakistan DGMO, shared our concerns and told him that we conducted surgical strikes last night.