Big B, Kangana among the 63rd National Film Awardees
New Delhi: The Jury of 63rd National Film Awards announced the list of winners from Bollywood and Regional film industry, with popular names taking home the most pretigious award.
- Bahubali wins the Award for Best Film: Directed by S.S.Rajamauli the film was released in 2015. Shot simultaneously in Tamil and Telgu the film became a huge success also on global platform.
- Kangana Ranaut wins Best Actress Award: Kangana, popularly known as the wonder woman of Indian Film Industry bagged the award for the role as 'Kusum' in Annd. L. Rai's 'Tanu weds Manu'. It is the third National award for her.
- Big B wins Best Actor Award: One of the most respected people of Indian Film Industry Amitabh Bacchchan bagged the Award for the Best Actor for playing an irritable hypochondriac Bhoskar Banerjee in Soojit Sircar directed film Piku. Big Bplayed father to Deepika Padukone in the film.
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali bagged Best Director Award: Known for his artistc, grand and compelling movies Bhansali wins the award for his latest 'Bajirao Mastani'.
- Uttar Pradesh declared the most film freindly city: UP bagged the most film friendly city by the Jury. Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav also congratulated the city for winning the Award. "Rentless efforts to promote U. P.'s film industry lead to a special mention to the 63rd National Awards", he tweeted.