Sonakshi promotes Akira in Lucknow; opens up on joining politics
Lucknow: Dabangg girl Sonakshi Sinha promoted her upcoming film ‘Akira’ in Lucknow, where she not only talked about flick, but also expressed her views on joining politics in future just like her papa and veteran actor Shatrughan Sinha.
Sonakshi visited Amity University for the promotion of the film Akira, which covers sensitive issues like ‘ragging’ and ‘acid attack’. Talking to media in a press conference at Hotel Farefield by Mariott, Sonakshi confessed that she also was a victim of ‘ragging’ during her college days.
Film revolves around the story of a college student ‘Akira’ (Sonakshi Sinha) who fights alone with four policemen to prove her innocence.
On a query over women power in our country, the Holiday actress kept the examples of Rio medallists PV Sindhu and Sakshi Malik. She said, “Girls are always above boys, be it at homes or in play grounds.”
When she was asked about her likeness for politics, especially when his father is a great politician, Sonakshi said, “Bollywood and acting is my only love and I am very happy in the direction I am moving. I have no interest in joining politics.”
Directed by AR Murugadoss, Akira is all set to release on September 2.
- Power must be held by patriots, not traitors, says Xi Jinping in Hong Kong
- Shruti Haasan spills the beans on her marriage plans; Find out
- It's time to serve up some big incentives to curb obesity
- Covid live: Active cases reach 1,07,189
- Gross GST collection in June stands at Rs 1.44 lakh cr: FM
- Live 5th Test: England opt to bowl vs India
- Mukesh Ambani wants to succeed where Dhirubhai did not
- Prophet row: SC says Nupur's 'loose tongue' set country on fire
- Had BJP accepted a Sena CM in 2019, there would have been no MVA, Uddhav says
- Covid-19 fourth wave alert! India logs over 17,000 new cases, 23 deaths