'Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan' is about embracing LGBTQ community: Ayushmann
Actor Ayushmann Khurrana says his next "Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan" is an homage to the LGBTQ community and it is an important film for India.
Mumbai, Jan 22 (PTI) Actor Ayushmann Khurrana says his next "Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan" is an homage to the LGBTQ community and it is an important film for India.
A follow-up to the actor's 2017 hit "Shubh Mangal Savdhaan", the film stars Ayushmann and Jitendra Kumar as a homosexual couple trying to win over each other's family.
Ayushmann said the movie, directed by Hitesh Kewalya, is an effort to bring the LGBTQ community into the mainstream.
"The love of the people of India for the trailer of 'Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan' is immensely overwhelming. It is a very important film for India and all Indians. The film is about celebrating inclusivity, uniqueness, and individuality among the people of our country, embracing the LGBTQ community and celebrating them.
"I'm deeply grateful that people have appreciated our intention with this important social subject and have enjoyed our trailer thoroughly," the actor said in a statement to PTI.
Ayushmann said besides providing entertainment to the masses, the film will also deliver a "positive social message".
"The film is a total family entertainer and we wanted people to laugh and enjoy and ponder at the same time and the reactions to the trailer suggest that we have managed to do just that.
"The film is hilarious and delivers a positive social message in the most entertaining manner and I definitely think the youth, parents and the entire family will enjoy quality content cinema," he added.
"Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan" reunites Ayushmann with his "Badhaai Ho!" co-stars Gajraj Rao and Neena Gupta. The movie is scheduled to be released on February 21.
- Covid live: India reports 16,103 new cases and 31 deaths
- Shah moves political resolution at BJP's National Exec meet
- Head count for Maharashtra assembly speaker elections begins
- Two-day Maharashtra Assembly session from today; Eknath Shinde govt to face floor test on July 4
- Koffee With Karan 7 trailer: Samantha Ruth Prabhu blames Karan Johar for 'unhappy marriages', Sara Ali Khan roasts ex
- 'PM has not actually understand MGNREGA', says Rahul Gandhi in Kerala
- PM Modi lands in Hyderabad for key party meeting
- Sena's Rajan Salvi files papers for Maha speaker
- Amravati chemist killed for supporting Nupur Sharma? Amit Shah orders NIA to probe case
- CBSE Board Results 2022 DATE: Class 10th, 12th term- 2 results at cbseresults.nic.in on this DATE - Check update