Raveena Tandon urges Maneka Gandhi to bring in change in laws for rapists
Mumbai: Bollywood actress Raveena Tandon tweeted to Indian Union Cabinet Minister for Women and Child Development, Maneka Gandhi about the fast track courts and amendments in law for sexual crime.
The minister had apparently blamed Bollywood movies for rise in crime against women recently.
Raveena Tandon’s movie Maatr deals with rape and justice for victim.
‘Mohra’ actress tagged Maneka in her post which stated, “To some of those who found” #Maatr" queasy. That was the intention, to disturb. But below is Harsh reality. Time to Act.@Manekagandhibjp."
Raveena also posted a picture of report where an elderly woman was raped by a watchman of her building in Mumbai.
Maneka replied to Raveena’s tweet and said, “Yes, @TandonRaveena ji. I am also as appalled by such incidents. We are working to change the mindset through a number of initiatives.”
To this Raveena wrote, “Yes ma, law amendments steps need to b taken aggressively. Fast track courts, nonbailable offences, eg set in conviction if proved guilty.”
- Power must be held by patriots, not traitors, says Xi Jinping in Hong Kong
- Shruti Haasan spills the beans on her marriage plans; Find out
- It's time to serve up some big incentives to curb obesity
- Covid live: Active cases reach 1,07,189
- Gross GST collection in June stands at Rs 1.44 lakh cr: FM
- Live 5th Test: England opt to bowl vs India
- Mukesh Ambani wants to succeed where Dhirubhai did not
- Prophet row: SC says Nupur's 'loose tongue' set country on fire
- Had BJP accepted a Sena CM in 2019, there would have been no MVA, Uddhav says
- Covid-19 fourth wave alert! India logs over 17,000 new cases, 23 deaths