Khayyam donates his entire wealth to a charity trust
Lucknow: In an exemplary gesture, the legendary music composer Khayyam announced to donate his entire wealth of around Rs 10 crore to support artists and technicians in need in the film industry.
Choosing his 89th birthday on Thursday as the occasion to make this announcement, the master music composer also formed a charity trust named 'Khayyam Jagjeet Kaur' KPG Charitable Trust for the purpose.
- Mohammed Zahur ‘Khayyam’ Hashmi popularly known as Khayyam is an Indian music composer.
- He has spanned four decades in Hindi film industry (1953–1990).Khayyam has composed the music for classics likeKabhie Kabhie, Umrao Jaan and Bazaar.
- Khayyam has won three Filmfare Awards and a Lifetime Achievement in 2010.
- He was honoured with the third-highest civilian honour, Padma Bhushan by the Government of India for 2011.
- He was awarded the 2007 Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in Creative Music, by the Sangeet Natak Akademi.
- Box Office: Yash starrer KGF 2 breaks existing records of Kannada films in Canada
- Meet the Top Teachers of the World: Super 30's Anand Kumar and Mathematics Guru RK Srivastava
- PM participates in round table with Japanese business leaders
- Delhi triple suicide case: Multiple notes talk of health and monetary issues
- Banda heads towards the fourth wave of coronavirus; WATCH
- Uttar Pradesh budget for 2022-23 will be introduced on May 26: Yogi
- Gyanvapi mosque case: Varanasi court completes hearing, reserves decision
- International Day for Biological Diversity: Explore the peace and witness marvellous natural beauty spots in India
- India records 2,022 new Covid cases, 46 deaths in last 24 hours
- No order has been issued to surrender the ration card in the state: UP Food Commissioner