Crime Branch Interrogates Rapper Badshah in Fake Social Media Followers Case
As the Mumbai Crime Branch is investigating the fake social media followers case, Rapper Badshah has been summoned again to questioning.
As the Mumbai Crime Branch is investigating the fake social media followers case, Rapper Badshah has been summoned again to questioning. It is reported that the crime branch has prepared a set of 238 questions for the renowned rapper.
Social Media Followers Case:
Social media is a platform where the number of followers is all about a game of validation. While we thought the Bollywood industry isn’t a part of this game. It seems they are very much a part of this social media follower business.
This came into light after the Crime Intelligence Unit (CIU) busted a racket where fake views. And fake followers were being bought by various celebrities which is termed as the violation of the Information Technology Act. While CIU has been investigating the case, some of the top actors from the showbiz world have been named in the matter.
Recently, renowned rapper Badshah was summoned by the Mumbai Crime Branch in the fake follower case. While he was questioned by the Crime Branch yesterday, he will be interrogated again today in the case.
Interestingly, the rapper has arrived at the crime branch a while ago. To note, the crime branch has questioned around 20 people in the case so far.
For the uninitiated, the scam came into light after Bollywood playback singer Bhoomi Trivedi complained about a fake profile of her name. While the accused was arrested. During the investigation the cops realised the range of the scam and set up a special investigation team for the same.
The police is also keen on finding out how the rate of influencers has increased and how are the rates fixed.
Stay tuned with the newstrack to get fastest updates.
Click @englishnewstrack to follow us on Facebook.
and @newstrackmedia to follow on Twitter.
- Power must be held by patriots, not traitors, says Xi Jinping in Hong Kong
- Shruti Haasan spills the beans on her marriage plans; Find out
- It's time to serve up some big incentives to curb obesity
- Covid live: Active cases reach 1,07,189
- Gross GST collection in June stands at Rs 1.44 lakh cr: FM
- Live 5th Test: England opt to bowl vs India
- Mukesh Ambani wants to succeed where Dhirubhai did not
- Prophet row: SC says Nupur's 'loose tongue' set country on fire
- Had BJP accepted a Sena CM in 2019, there would have been no MVA, Uddhav says
- Covid-19 fourth wave alert! India logs over 17,000 new cases, 23 deaths