Girls Are Leading The Way,Accelerating Progress Towards SDG 4: Education Minister
Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has said that the brilliant performance of girls in the CBSE Class 10 board exam has accelerated the progress towards fulfilling fourth sustainable development goal (SDG4)
Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has said that the brilliant performance of girls in the CBSE Class 10 board exam. It has accelerated the progress towards fulfilling fourth sustainable development goal (SDG4), which is quality education. The SDG4 aims to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
Union HRD Minister shared a good news on twitter today morning. He tweeted, “Proud to share that girls are leading the way, accelerating progress towards SDG 4. Girls have again surpassed boys with amazing results in class 10th CBSE board exams. 93.31% of girls have been promoted as compared to 90.14% of boys across the country.”
Quality education is one of 17 global SDGs that make up the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Among other goals are gender equality, Industry, Innovation, Infrastructure, Affordable and Clean Energy.
Think tank NITI Aayog is mandated with the task of coordinating work on SDGs in India. It had released the SDG index report in 2018 in which Kerala had topped in good health, reducing hunger, achieving gender equality and providing quality education.
In the CBSE board exams this year, girls have performed better than boys in both Class 10 and Class 12 exams. In Class 12 exam, 92.15% of total girls have passed which is 6% more than the pass rate of boys. Furthermore, in Class 10 girls have done better than boys by 3.17%.
Stay tuned with the newstrack to get fastest updates.
Click @englishnewstrack to follow us on Facebook.
and @newstrackmedia to follow on Twitter.
- Alia Bhatt cries 'happy tears' as she reacts to Ranbir Kapoor cradling a baby: 'This video is a full vibe'
- PM Modi inaugurates Bharat Drone Mahotsav at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
- India Post Recruitment 2022: Bumper vacancies! Over 38000 GDS posts at indiapostgdsonline.gov.in- Check details here
- Delhi weather update: Temperature to rise, mercury likely to cross 40°C in next few days
- Covid-19 fourth wave scare: India logs 2,710 new cases, 14 deaths in last 24 hours
- Krishna Janambhumi Dispute: Mathura Court Directs Plaintiffs To Provide Plaint Copy To Shahi Idgah Committee, Next Hearing On July 1
- Imran Khan praises India again as Pakistan sees highest-ever rise in petrol price
- Bulandshahr's Chaiwala Couple: 67 types of cold-hot tea are available here
- In Hyderabad, PM takes potshots at KCR, says time to end dynasty politics
- Narendra Modi's Chennai Visit: PM holds roadshow after arriving in capital city