Ram Vriksh Yadav dead, confirms UP DGP Javeed Ahmad
Lucknow: Ram Vriksh Yadav, the mastermind behind the Jawaharbagh violence in Mathura, is dead, confirmed Uttar Pradesh Director General of Police (DGP) Javeed Ahmad.
His body was identified by associates and now his family has been intimated for the final confirmation.
Ahmad, however, did not reveal Yadav's cause of death.
Javeed took to twitter to share the information:
Some of the dead in Mathura operation identified. Rambriksh Yadav's body identified by associates. Family intimated for final confirmation.
— Javeed (@javeeddgpup) June 4, 2016
Inspector General for Law and Order, Hari Ram Sharma says:
- His body was recovered soon after the operation Jawaharbagh ended on Thursday night.
- The body was totally charred and was identified by his cohorts on Saturday.
- Post-mortem report will reveal the cause of death.
- Police will also get the forensic and DNA test done of the body.
Who is Ram Vriksh Yadav?
- Ram Vriksh Yadav was a disciple of a self-styled Baba, Jai Guru Dev
- Yadav declared himself owner of all his properties after his death.
- He reached Mathura on March 15, 2014 along with 200 others.
- He sought the permission from district administration to stay there for two days.
- Yadav, later occupied 270 acres of land in a Mathura park, Jawaharbagh .
- Around 10 criminal cases have been registered against Yadav since March 2014 in Mathura.
- Around 5,000 worked for him.
What is Jawaharbagh violence:
As many as 24 people including two police officers were killed in the Jawaharbagh violence, which took place on June 2 last, following removal of encroachment on Thursday last.
Principal Secretary, Home Debashish Panda and Uttar Pradesh Director General of Police (DGP) Javeed Ahmad, were rushed to the spot on instructions of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to take stock of the situation.
Around 400 people were taken into custody and the situation was brought under control.
Pradeep Bhatnagar, Agra Divisional Commissioner was probing the case.