DM orders to dig girl’s body out from grave
Rampur: The incident of a high-school girl died in a suspicious manner in her house in Rampur on January 16, has taken a turn now. The guardians of the deceased have requested the administration to proceed with an investigation on the case since they have a doubt that the girl did not commit suicide but she was murdered. The District magistrate (DM) Rampur, Rakesh Kumar Singh has, however, ordered to dig out the girl’s body from her grave for a panchnama and post-mortem.
About the incident:
- A high-school student, Afsha Khursheed, resident of Gher Toga, Rampur was found dead hanging from the ceiling of her house on January 16.
- She was alone in the house as her mother went to a relative's place and her sister was at workplace.
- Afsha used to live in a rented-house with her mother and elder sister who is engaged in a private job.
- The other portion of the house is occupied by the land lady and her son, Risalat.
- Afsha's mother, Razia tried to call her while she was alone in the house but she did not respond to her calls.
- Razia was informed about Afsha's suicide by her neighbours.
- Later, police reached there and started investigating.
- Locals and housemates believe that Afsha was smothered and killed but police closed the case.
- After 15 days, Afsha's family alleged that she never had a reason to commit suicide and they requested the administration to do justice.
- Therefore, the DM has now ordered to dig Afsha's body out from her grave and proceed with an investigation.