13 suspected terrorists arrested in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh
New Delhi: In a joint operation the Intelligence Bureau and special cell of Delhi police, conducted a series of raid in Delhi and nearby areas, nabbing 13 suspected terrorists who had links with outfit Jaish-e-Mohammad, in Pakistan, on Wednesday.
- The suspects were picked up from Bhajanpura, Chand Bagh and Inderpuri localities in Delhi and from Deoband in UP.
- As per the Delhi police officials, the arrested persons were planning to attack some parts of the country, including Delhi.
- Explosives were also recovered from their possession.
- They are being quizzed by special cell and intelligence officials.
- Out of the 13 arrested suspects, four were nabbed from Uttar Pradesh
- A watch is being kept in Deoband.
What officials said:
- Twelve sympathisers of Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) terrorist group have been detained in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh, a senior Delhi Police official said.
- "We have detained 13 people from Delhi and Uttar Pradesh for subscribing JeM ideology. They were detained late Tuesday night. One Improvised Explosive Device (IED) has been recovered from them," Commissioner of Police Arvind Deep stated.
- "Some of them are permanent residents of Delhi and some are from the neighbouring state Uttar Pradesh," added the commissioner.