Veteran Actor Surekha Sikri dies of cardiac arrest
Surekha Sikri, who has made her mark in film and television, breathed her last on Friday.
New Delhi: Surekha Sikri, who has made her mark in film and television, breathed her last on Friday, July 16, at the age of 75. There is a wave of mourning in the Hindi TV world due to the death of Surekha, who played the role of Dadi Sa in the famous serial Balika Vadhu.
Surekha Sikri passes away:
Let us tell you that at the age of 73, he won his first Filmfare Award. Surekha Sikri has received this award for the film 'Badhaai Ho'. Surekha played the role of a grandmother in this film. Not only were Surekha's dialogues tremendous in this film, but her acting also had no break.
Sikri has done films like 'Tamas', 'Mammo', 'Salim Langde Pe Mat Ro', 'Zubaida', 'Badhaai Ho' and her character of 'Dadi Sa' in serial 'Balika Vadhu' also got a lot of popularity. So let us tell you some untold things about Surekha Sikri today.
43 year long career:
Surekha Sikri spent a total of 43 years in the television and film industry. In this long journey, Surekha Sikri molded every character from comedy to serious, she became an example for everyone. Surekha Sikri was also a theater artist. In 1978, Surekha made her debut in the political drama film Kissa Kursi Ka. After this, she did many Hindi and Malayalam films as well as TV serials.
Surekha Sikri has also received National Award thrice. She also won the National Film Award for Best Actress Supporting Role for the film 'Tamas' in 1988 and 'Mammo' in 1995.
Along with this won the Indian Telly Award Best Negative Role in 2008 for the serial 'Balika Vadhu'. Surekha has also won the Best Actress Supporting Role Award in the year 2011 for this serial. Not only this, he also won the award in the year 1989 for his contribution to theater from the Sangeet Natak Akademi.
Stay tuned with the newstrack to get fastest updates. Click @englishnewstrack to follow us on Facebook and @newstrackmedia to follow on Twitter.
- We have achieved all our 100-day targets, says UP CM
- IND vs ENG, 5th Test: Ravi Shastri slams India's batting in second innings says, 'Could have batted England out'
- The Story Behind the Apple Logo
- Tina Dabi appointed new Jaisalmer collector
- Active Covid cases in country climb to 1.14 lakh
- IMD issues orange alert for Mumbai till July 9
- Caught on camera: Vastu 'guru' stabbed to death
- SpiceJet Delhi-Dubai flight develops snag, lands in Karachi
- 'Crossed Lakshman Rekha': Ex-judges, bureaucrats condemn SC's remarks against Nupur
- Splendid places to visit in Himachal Pradesh for a refreshing vacation