End of an Era: Bollywood Actor Dilip Kumar dies at the age of 98
Dilip Kumar was admitted to Hinduja Hospital in Mumbai on June 29 due to difficulty in breathing. He was admitted to the ICU ward of the hospital due to health problems.
New Delhi: Veteran Bollywood actor Dilip Kumar died on Wednesday (July 7) morning. He was admitted to the ICU for the last eight days due to health problems. At the age of 98, he said goodbye to the world forever. He breathed his last at 7.30 am today.
Dilip Kumar passes away:
Dilip Kumar was admitted to Hinduja Hospital in Mumbai on June 29 due to difficulty in breathing. He was admitted to the ICU ward of the hospital due to health problems. After his death, not only Bollywood but also his fans are inconsolable.
Dilip Kumar's doctor Jalil Parkar has confirmed the news of his death. Dilip Kumar will be cremated today at Santacruz Cemetery in Mumbai. After Dilip Kumar's hospitalization, his wife Saira Banu was constantly sharing his health updates to the fans. On the previous day itself, he had said that now Dilip Kumar needs prayers once again.
Dilip Kumar's family friend Faizal Farooqui informed about his death on Twitter. He wrote, 'It has to be said with a heavy heart that Dilip Saab is no more with us. He further wrote, 'We are God's gift and go back to Him.'
Dilip Kumar's real name was Mohammad Yusuf Khan. He was born on 11 December 1922. He is known as 'The First Khan' and 'Tragedy King' in Hindi cinema. The credit of method acting in Hindi cinema goes to him.
He did a great job for 6 decades. Dilip Kumar made his acting debut in 1944 with the film Jwar Bhata, produced by Bombay Talkies. In an acting career spanning nearly five decades, he has acted in more than 65 films, including Devdas, Naya Daur, Mughal-e-Azam, Ganga-Jamuna, Kranti and Karma. Dilip Kumar was last seen in 1998 film Qila.
Stay tuned with the newstrack to get fastest updates. Click @englishnewstrack to follow us on Facebook and @newstrackmedia to follow on Twitter.
- SP chief Akhilesh Yadav dissolves all party posts except one
- Openers in focus as India look to seal series against Sri Lanka in 2nd ODI
- Delhi ITI admission 2022: All you need to know about registration process, counselling schedule
- British Empire: World's oldest Prince still waiting to become Emperor| Y-Factor Ep- 316
- Janhvi Kapoor is 'lost in Amsterdam', twins with Nysa Devgan in latest pics from the trip
- SP dissolves all national, state executive bodies after bypoll loss
- PM, Amit Shah's decision to make me CM opened eyes of many, says Shinde
- Covid live: India reports 16,103 new cases and 31 deaths
- Shah moves political resolution at BJP's National Exec meet
- Head count for Maharashtra assembly speaker elections begins