Centre cuts excise duty on petrol by ₹8 per litre, diesel by ₹6: Sitharaman
The move will reduce the price of petrol by ₹9.5 per litre and of diesel by ₹7 per litre, she added.
The Centre has decided to reduce the central excise duty on petrol by ₹8 per litre and on diesel by ₹6 per litre, Union finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman said on Saturday. The move will reduce the price of petrol by ₹9.5 per litre and of diesel by ₹7 per litre, she added.
"It will have a revenue implication of around ₹1 lakh crore per year for the government," the finance minister said in a series of tweets.
Sitharaman also urged state governments to implement a similar cut.
"I wish to exhort all state governments, especially the states where reduction wasn't done during the last round (November 2021), to also implement a similar cut and give relief to the common man," she tweeted.
- Koffee With Karan 7 trailer: Samantha Ruth Prabhu blames Karan Johar for 'unhappy marriages', Sara Ali Khan roasts ex
- 'PM has not actually understand MGNREGA', says Rahul Gandhi in Kerala
- PM Modi lands in Hyderabad for key party meeting
- Sena's Rajan Salvi files papers for Maha speaker
- Amravati chemist killed for supporting Nupur Sharma? Amit Shah orders NIA to probe case
- CBSE Board Results 2022 DATE: Class 10th, 12th term- 2 results at cbseresults.nic.in on this DATE - Check update
- Gold price today, July 2: Gold rates go up by Rs 930, Check gold rate in your city
- Power must be held by patriots, not traitors, says Xi Jinping in Hong Kong
- Shruti Haasan spills the beans on her marriage plans; Find out
- It's time to serve up some big incentives to curb obesity