Bank holidays in December 2021: Banks to remain closed on these days this month. Check the full list here
Bank holidays in December 2021: Banks will remain closed for up to 12 days across the country this month
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issues a list of holidays every month when banks remain shut. As per the RBI bank holidays list, all public and private sector banks will remain closed for 12 days in December this year.
The holidays include various festivals and Sundays and second and fourth Saturdays.
The RBI list also mentions the Christmas holiday, which also falls on the fourth Saturday of the month. Therefore, the overlapping bank holiday accounts for 12 days off for the bank this month.
The bank holidays can be separated into three different categories--state-wise holidays, religious holidays, and festivals.
Here is a full list of bank holidays in your city for December:
Dec 3: Banks closed in Goa on account of the Feast of St. Francis Xavier
Dec 5: Sunday
Dec 11: Second Saturday
Dec 12: Sunday
Dec 18: Banks closed only in Meghalaya on account of the death anniversary of You So So Tham
Dec 19: Sunday
Dec 24: Christmas festival
Dec 25: Christmas, Saturday
Dec 26: Sunday
Dec 27: Christmas celebration (banks closed in Aizawl)
Dec 30: Banks closed in Shillong
Dec 31: New Year's eve, banks closed in Aizwal
Stay tuned with the newstrack to get fastest updates. Click @englishnewstrack to follow us on Facebook and @newstrackmedia to follow on Twitter.
- Box Office: Yash starrer KGF 2 breaks existing records of Kannada films in Canada
- Meet the Top Teachers of the World: Super 30's Anand Kumar and Mathematics Guru RK Srivastava
- PM participates in round table with Japanese business leaders
- Delhi triple suicide case: Multiple notes talk of health and monetary issues
- Banda heads towards the fourth wave of coronavirus; WATCH
- Uttar Pradesh budget for 2022-23 will be introduced on May 26: Yogi
- Gyanvapi mosque case: Varanasi court completes hearing, reserves decision
- International Day for Biological Diversity: Explore the peace and witness marvellous natural beauty spots in India
- India records 2,022 new Covid cases, 46 deaths in last 24 hours
- No order has been issued to surrender the ration card in the state: UP Food Commissioner