Top

WHO says Corona origin Probe Team is Independent

Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyes, Director General of WHO, said in a virtual press conference, "I have heard many times that this is a study or investigation of WHO. It's not like that.'

Yogita S.

Yogita S.By Yogita S.

Published on 17 Feb 2021 6:21 AM GMT

WHO says Corona origin Probe Team is Independent
X
WHO chief scientist sees no herd immunity yet
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

New Delhi: The World Health Organization (WHO) has stated that the team of experts traveling to the city of Wuhan, China, was on an independent mission to trace the origin of the corona virus. That team had no connection with WHO.

No connection with WHO:

According to reports from the Chinese news agency Xinhua, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyes, Director General of WHO, said in a virtual press conference, "I have heard many times that this is a study or investigation of WHO. It's not like that.' He said that this is an independent investigation, involving independent experts from 10 institutions.

ALSO READ: Corona Updates: Over 11 thousand cases reported in last 24 hours, 100 dead

The head of the team of international experts who visited Wuhan, Dr. Peter Ben Imbarek, said in a press conference on Monday that his report would be a document prepared by consensus. He said that the report has been agreed between the international team and its Chinese counterpart. He said that a team of experts is working to publish the interim report, which includes 17 international scientists and 17 Chinese scientists.

ALSO READ: WHO gives Green Signal to Corona Vaccine of Serum Institute for Emergency Use

Imbarek said the team would make recommendations for further study. He said that further investigation is necessary to find out the origin of the virus and clear some misconceptions.

Corona Updates:

According to the Ministry of Health, one crore nine lakh 37 thousand 320 cases have been reported in the country so far. So far, one crore six lakh 44 thousand 858 people have recovered from the infection. This is 97.33 percent of the total cases. At the same time, the active case has fallen to one lakh 36 thousand 549, which is 1.25 percent of the total cases. The death toll has gone to one lakh 55 thousand 913.

Stay tuned with the newstrack to get fastest updates. Click @englishnewstrack to follow us on Facebook and @newstrackmedia to follow on Twitter.

Yogita S.

Yogita S.

Media Graduate, News Editor and PR Enthusiast.

Next Story