US Transit cop Nicholas Young arrested for allegedly helping IS
Alexandria: Metro Transit police officer, Nicholas Young was arrested on Wednesday for his alleged links with the terrorist group Islamic State. He will appear today before the US Magistrate Judge Theresa C. Buchanan in Alexandria.
US Department of Justice said that the Fairfax Man, who allegedly provided material support to IS, was arrested at the Metro police headquarters.
What is the case?
- Young had worked as a Metro Transit Police officer since 2003
- He had been under FBI scanner since 2010
- FBI had discovered that Young was in frequent touch with an informer and undercover agent
- Young met this undercover agent in 2011
- He also met Amine El Khalifi, who was guilty of conspiring a suicide bombing at the US Congress in 2012
- His links with IS was confirmed in 2015 when he was finding ways of sending money to IS leaders
- Young could be imprisoned for 20 years