US supports India; asks Pakistan to act against terror entities
Washington: Showing its strong support to India, the United States on Thursday warned Pakistan to take strict action against UN-designated terrorist individuals and entities.
During a press conference, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said that US National Security Advisor Susan Rice spoke to her Indian counterpart Ajit Doval and asked him to fight the terrorist entities including Lashkar-e-Taiba, Haqqani Network, and Jaish-e-Mohammed.
What else Rice said?
- US concerned about the danger that terrorism poses to the region.
- US expects that Pakistan would take action against the terrorist groups to delegitimize it.
- US is firmly committed to its partnership with India.
- We are prepared to deepen our collaboration on UN terrorist designations.
What White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said?
- We have got reports that militaries of both nations (India and Pakistan) are in talks with each.
- US encourages such discussions to curb the situations across borders.
- We urge calm and restraint on both sides.