Bikini Don Vijay Mallya's Passport Cancelled by MEA
Bulandshahr: Liquor Giant Vijay Mallya' passport has been cancelled by the Ministry of External Affairs. The Bulandshahr Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Court has also directed the Uttar Pradesh police to visit Britain in search of the famous business tycoon Vijay Mallya.
A case of forgery has been reported, by a local Akash Sharma, against the Kingfisher CEO in Bulandshahr CJM court.
- A resident of Bulandshahr, Akash Sharma has lodged a case against the businessman claiming that Kingfisher Airlines has not given him the due salary.
- Akash worked as a pilot in Deccan Airways which was acquired by the Kingfisher Airlines.
- The pilot was subdued to receive Rupees 2.26 lakhs as monthly salary.
- Sharma stated that the Kingfisher Airlines refused to pay the pilots saying that the company is running in loss.
- Akash filed a case in September 2014 in District Court of Bulandshahr against the airlines. The case, however, was settled out side the court as Akash accepted the proposal of half salary given to him.
- Akash claimed that the Vijay Mallya company also said that Rs 9 lakh will be deducted form the payment given to him to pay the income tax.
- Later when the matter of Vijay Mallya not paying the bank loan and income tax came to limelight, the pilot filed the case against the business tycoon claiming that the stated amount was neither given to him nor was paid to the income tax department.
- A team of four to seven police officials is expected to visit Britain in search of the absconding Kingfisher CEO.
- Mallya's passport has also been cancelled by the Ministry of External Affairs.
Statements of Superintendent of Police, Bulandshahr:
- Rammohan Singh, Superintendent of Police, Bulandshahr, confirmed the news, stating that a case has been registered against Mallya, under section 420 and 406 of IPC.
- He said that the police will request Foreign ministry, Home ministry and DIG of Uttar Pradesh police to grant permission to their visit, once the name of the officials will be finalised.
- He stated that the team will leave for the operation as soon as the get permission from the authorities.