UN suspends aid convoys in Syria following fatal attack on trucks
Damascus: In the wake of a deadly attack on Red Crescent trucks near the city of Aleppo on Monday last, the United Nations has suspended all of the aid convoys in Syria.
Amid Russian as well as Syrian forces denying responsibility for the attack, UN chief Ban Ki-moon lashed out at the government of Syria saying it had been killing most of the civilians in the civil war.
“Powerful patrons miss no chance to feed the war machine and have blood of innocent civilians on their hands,” said Ban.
Meanwhile, United States (US) Secretary of State John Kerry on Tuesday said the ceasefire was still not terminated.
It may be recalled that Russian or Syrian warplanes on Monday bombed two aid convoys after a routine delivery of supplies near the city of Aleppo. At least ten persons were reportedly killed in the attack.