Special bus for Royal couple to visit 'the monument of love'
Agra: The security arrangements have been tightened in Agra as the Royal couple, Kate Middleton and Prince William, is scheduled to visit the city on Saturday, April 16. The administration has arranged a special eco-friendly bus for the couple's ride to Taj Mahal.
- The 'UP80 AN9960' bus is a special vehicle used for VIP's visit to Taj Mahal, as no petrol and diesel vehicles are allowed within the 300 kilometre radius of the monument.
- It is a battery operated vehicle that can accommodate four passengers and one attendant along with the driver.
- American President Barack Obama was also supposed to visit Taj Mahal during his last visit but had to give up his wish as his security did not allow him to travel in any vehicle other than the bullet proof security cars.
- The bus is furnished with curtains, lights and fan but being a battery operated vehicle it does not provide air conditioned facility.
- The vehicle is noise free and pollution free.
- The vehicle is operated by especially trained drivers.
- The bus has been furnished according to the Royal couple's needs. Zahid Beg has been appointed as the driver of the couple.
- "I feel honoured to drive the Royal couple to the monument," stated Beg excitedly.