PoK faces unrest as China increases its presence in the area
Gilgit: Misusing the resources of Gilgit-Baltistan and Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK) for their own economic gains, China and Pakistan face strong opposition from the civilians.
China-Pakistan Economic Corridor+(CPEC) has been vehemently opposed as civilians are not receiving any benefits from it.
A civilian said-
- People want that at least they should be informed about the project, be taken into confidence so that they get to know what all benefits they will receive from this project.
- We fear that this should not happen as if we sit idle and only count the number of trucks coming from China.
Pakistan takes ‘power’ from the area owing to which the region is facing electricity crisis.
Kashmir National Party leader, Mohd Naeem Khan said-
- They are constructing 60 economic zones as per the CPEC project, but none of these zones exist in Gilgit-Baltistan and Pakistan-occupied Kashmiri.
- The CPEC will pass through these areas, but they are only constructing an army headquarter in Diamer for the security of the corridor.
- But out of $40 million to be spent on the project, there is no investment in Gilgit-Baltistan and PoK.
Civilians are unhappy with the presence of Chinese workers in the region. Most of the people remain jobless.
Illegally occupying Gilgit-Baltistan since 1947, Pakistan has failed to fulfill the essential requirements of the civilians.
B’desh alerts India about ‘prime mover’ of Dhaka terror attack