North Korea tells WHO, 'It's still Coronavirus-free'
North Korea has claimed that its border has not yet been infiltrated by corona virus infection.
New Delhi: North Korea has claimed that its border has not yet been infiltrated by corona virus infection. In its report presented to the World Health Organization, North Korea has once again stated that so far there has not been a single case of covid-19 and its record is maintained.
Corona free North Korea:
Let us tell you that more than a year has passed since the start of the covid-19 pandemic and so far North Korea has kept a distance from the deadly virus due to its efforts. In this order it closed its borders, prohibited tourists and excluded diplomats.
In addition, the traffic across the border almost stopped and quarantined thousands of people as soon as the pandemic showed signs, but even then North Korea says that there has not been a single case of covid-19 in its country. North Korea termed its attempt to save the country from coronavirus a 'question of the existence of the nation'.
Korea sends corona report to WHO:
This claim of North Korea is difficult to believe because North Korea's health system is not in good condition and the country's business is also with the transition-affected China and this business is a lifeline for its economy.
North Korea's representative of the World Health Organization, Advil Salvador, said Wednesday that North Korea has said that it has screened 23,121 people since the beginning of the pandemic until April 1, but none of them were found to be infected. Salvador said North Korea investigated 732 people between March 26 and April 1.
WHO officials said the number of quarantined people in North Korea is no longer shared with the agency. North Korea said on Tuesday that it would not take part in the Tokyo Olympics to protect its players from the corona virus.
Stay tuned with newstrack to get fastest updates. Click @englishnewstrack to follow us on Facebook and @newstrackmedia to follow on Twitter.