India blames Pakistan without any proper evidence, says Pak PM
As many as 18 soldiers of Indian Army were martyred while four terrorist were gunned down when some terrorists, believed to be ‘fidayeen’, attacked Army’s 12th brigade headquarters in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday last
Islamabad: Amid burning tension between India and Pakistan, Nawaz Sharif, on Saturday, gave another controversial remark regarding the Uri attack on Indian Army soldiers. The Pakistani Prime Minister, Sharif, stated that the Uri attack could be a ‘reaction’ of people to the situation of Kashmir.
"The Uri attack can be the reaction of the atrocities in Kashmir, as the close relatives and near and dear ones of those killed and blinded over the last two months were hurt and outraged," Sharif said while addressing media in London.
Sharif also said that India is blaming Pakistan without proper investigation and this behaviour is irresponsible. “India behaved in an irresponsible way when it blamed Pakistan ‘without any evidence’,” said the Pak PM.
"How could India accuse Pakistan only hours after the Uri incident without holding any inquiry or investigation," Sharif was quoted as saying.
What else did Sharif say:
- Sharif said that the current unrest in the country is a result of Jammu and Kashmir dispute and it is impossible to achieve lasting peace in the region without the resolution of the violence in valley.
- He stated, “Whole world knows about the Indian atrocities in Kashmir where around 108 people have so far been killed, over 150 blinded and thousands injured.”
- "Brutalities being perpetrated against innocent Kashmiris", the Pakistani Prime Minister alleged.
- Sharif suggested India to conduct a probe into the killings of Kashmiris if they really want to stop such attacks on Indian Army.
You may also read: VIDEO: Is MMS doing rounds on social media of Maryam Nawaz?
- As many as 18 soldiers of Indian Army were martyred while four terrorist were gunned down when some terrorists, believed to be ‘fidayeen’, attacked Army’s 12th brigade headquarters in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday last.
- The attack was the deadliest attack on any of the Indian security forces in Kashmir in two decades.