I am a big fan of PM Modi, says World Bank President Jim Yong
New Delhi: Applauding Prime Minister Narendra Modi, World Bank Group President Jim Yong said that he is a big fan of Modi. Kim on Thursday met PM Modi.
He also praised the ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan’.
Jim Yong said-
- I am a big fan of PM Modi because he does something that all great leaders should do, that is, set ambitious targets, set deadlines for those targets and then hold your staff accountable for those targets.
- That is tried and proved method of getting results. So we are beginning to see results and it extends to ease of doing business report.
- The inflation rate has been down; growth has been extremely strong, balance of payments in better shape.
- Overall, you have to say that economically Modi has done well.
- If you look at specific programmes like Swachh Bharat, it’s amazing.
- India under the leadership of Prime Minister Modi has been fantastic but that challenges us to be better.
Jim called Raghuram Rajan, a great central bank governor.
- Jim said that Rajan is a well-respected personality and has done a great job.
- Calling him a great central bank governor, he also tagged him as productive and respected scholar.