Eight died from toxic gas while cleaning sewage in China
Beijing: At least eight people were killed and two fell ill from toxic gas that was discharge while cleaning a sewage in Dalian, a port city in China's Liaoning province on Friday.
District's party committee stated, "Villagers and workers fell unconscious while entering a sewage pool at a kelp processing plant to clean the blocked outlet in Yanchang New Village in Lushunkou district. Other villagers trying to save them also inhaled the gas and fell into the pool."
The injured were immediately taken to nearby hospital where the doctors stated that their condition is critical.
More details awaited...